PDA

View Full Version : glass test

Kamiwami
02-19-2002, 11:22 PM
i hadn't done anything in a long time so i decided to do this(for some reason...) took about 15 minutes, including render time. done in lightwave.
http://kamikaze.demented.org/glass5.jpg

Raul-Reznek
02-19-2002, 11:28 PM
Looks very real.Good work!!!!

Walli
02-19-2002, 11:31 PM
looks very nice, but it seems to me that LW has the same problem as Cinema4D (and I think most other apps too):

no DOF behind transparent objects. do you know if XDOF is able to handle this problem?

best,
Walli

somlor
02-19-2002, 11:34 PM
Nice ... especially for fifteen minutes. :) Textures look nice. I am not really loving the DOF so much. I feel like the glass in front should be more the center interest. And I think the overall mood of the image could be improved by introducing some warm lighting from the back... get some soft colored highlights in the glasses. I guess it depends on what you were going for though.

SOMLOR

Kamiwami
02-19-2002, 11:38 PM
well, i used digital confusion for this render, and i picked the center glass near the front as the focus point, but, i guess it screwed up or something ;) btw, i should have mentioned, i got the scene from a LW cd, so i take no credit for it.

JacquesD
02-20-2002, 12:53 AM
Good start but I've never seen a glass casting that kind of shadow.
I think you should also use some refraction as for any glass material.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.