PDA

View Full Version : question about import in boujou 1.3...

Seae2l
10-26-2002, 05:49 PM
Hi, first of all, sorry for my english..

This message is not about discreet product but I need help and I hope that some of you could help me.

I need to import IFF sequence in boujou 1.3, but Boujou can't import this format. I would know if I could find plug-in in the way to do that and if yes, where I could find it.

Thanks.

fred
10-26-2002, 08:53 PM
why donīt you just take your sequence and import it into ae or combustion, leave it unchanged and render it out again in a file format that boujou understands? this should be completely lossless as long as you use a lossless format (tiff or targa for example).
i donīt think that there is a plugin that makes boujou understand iffs?
hope this helps!

Seae2l
10-26-2002, 09:03 PM
Of course, that's what I do if plugins don't exist. But it's faster to import directly, all the more as I have a lot of sequence.

Thanks

phatgroovn
10-27-2002, 03:33 AM
You're pretty much stuck converting them this time, just make sure not to render to IFFs next time if your tracking package doesn't support it.

Although i am wondering why you are running IFFs through boujou anyway...IFFs mean that it came from Maya, therefore there is a scenefile somewhere with the camera animation in it. Try to get your hands on that first and export the camera data to your comp suite.

Seae2l
10-27-2002, 07:55 AM
I know that the sequence have been rendered with maya, but it isn't scene with maya's camera, it's a video footage. I have received this sequence in IFF (it isn't my sequence), I don't know what they have done with maya...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.