PDA

View Full Version : Reactor brokes my chain

IkerCLoN
07-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi, guys! I'm doing a 'chained necklace' for a job. What I'm doing is rotating a bust of a woman (you know, neck and shoulders) 90 degrees, so the front part is looking 'at the roof'. I put the chain over the model, and the simulation starts. Since I can manipulate the chain interactively in the preview window, I've tried to make the chain go round the neck, but it brokes in pieces.

Anyway, I've tried also to let the chain fall, and later, fix some pieces (putting down their masses to zero), rotate all the stuff, and let the chain hang. It should work... but after some frames of simullation, the chain breaks apart in two or more segments (the fracture seems to be random). I've some experience with Reactor, and I've tried to increase the substeps and so, but nothing happens...

It's strange, because the pieces do not overlap each other, and it works ok till it gets 'crazy'. It has 60 pieces, so position them manually is a pain...

Anybody could help me? It'd be very appreciated :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2005, 01:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.