PDA

View Full Version : Edgeloops tool?

chaostest
07-15-2005, 08:10 PM
im probably bugging all the profesionals in here with my newbie questions ,(if i am i apologize),but i watched quite a few tutorials so far on newtech and other sites but i havent heard the term edge loops used in any,and all the posts i have read still i cant figure what they mean or how to control them,also whats the best tool for detailing polygons if you dont mind me asking. Again i have to thank everyone in these forums who have been nice enough to answer my questions.

uncommongrafx
07-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Look for spinquad.

To find out what edgeloops are select two polygons on some mesh and press F9 (should call up bandsaw) while the object is loaded in modeler. Without changing anything in the dialogue, press ok. Those polys selectd represent an edgeloop.

With spinquads you can control this flow of polys and affect what gets selected when you use bandsaw or such tools.

chaostest
07-16-2005, 02:13 PM
right when i hit the spinquads it automatically adjusts polys,do you know of any good tutorials covering this

blaqDeaph
07-16-2005, 02:28 PM
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/videos/index.html

Theres a video called "Spin Quad in Action" which should clear up most of your questions regarding Spin Quad and Edge Loops.

chaostest
07-16-2005, 03:15 PM
thanks blaq,u know watched a bunch of tutorials and learned way more just from asking u guys and gals,most forums u join, everyones got negative things to say espacially to the newbies,needless to say those sites are probably looking for new members now.antway thanks a lot,

Auger
07-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Chaostest,

Check out this site for some great video tutes on the LW modeling tools including bandsaw:
http://www.puffandlarkin.com/lightwave/tutorials/character_modelling/tools_extra.html

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2005, 03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.