PDA

View Full Version : AE and Divx

Kaiser_Sose
10-26-2002, 08:21 AM
I am getting some real poor out put from AE usind the Divx 5 codec

For example, I rendered out a five second avi which consists of just some effects. The output was 33 mb

I then converted to Divx with a converter and the file size came down to 700 kb but the movie was blury

I then rendered out of AE with Divx 5 directly and I got the same file size and the same bluryness. I used 1 - pass for the variable bitrate mode and 10,000 for the bitrate mode. I could not get the 2 pass setting to work

How can I get smaller file size while the quality remains high from out put of AE

Any help is appreciated

skidd
10-27-2002, 08:02 AM
dude, use another program to make this, like a DIVX compressor, render using after for an AVI file, microsoft, matrox mjpeg...

:)

Kaiser_Sose
10-27-2002, 08:06 AM
dude ... huh

Jinxo
10-27-2002, 04:22 PM
Duuuude...

Ok. Your best bet when working with AE is to render to uncompressed avi, and then do the final compression in VirtualDub (my recommendation, you can use any program you wish, makes no difference).

The real difference is in your DivX settings. It seems you've compressed with a very low bitrate. In any case, go the uncompressed way, and then do a dual pass compression. Also, if you've bought DivX Pro, I suggest you do not use its "psychovisual effects" because you don't want it blurring out your precious work.

cheers
Alex

Kaiser_Sose
10-28-2002, 02:47 AM
I do have version 5 but I can not understand its interface and settings names

Maybe I should just go back to trusty old 3.1a

Kaiser_Sose
10-28-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Jinxo
Duuuude...

Ok. Your best bet when working with AE is to render to uncompressed avi, and then do the final compression in VirtualDub (my recommendation, you can use any program you wish, makes no difference).

Can vDub open sequences

The real difference is in your DivX settings. It seems you've compressed with a very low bitrate. In any case, go the uncompressed way, and then do a dual pass compression. Also, if you've bought DivX Pro, I suggest you do not use its "psychovisual effects" because you don't want it blurring out your precious work.

[/B]

I can not figure out how to get good results in version 5 ... care to share

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.