PDA

View Full Version : Graph editor deleting ALL channels???

DMack
07-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Hi,

Has anyone ever had it where when you select and delete keys on, say the size channels, the graph editor also deletes the motion channel keys aswell??? The other chnnels graphs are definitely NOT selected (they're faded back) and so this shoudn't be happeneing...I'm wondering if I've clicked ona button somewhere without realising it or if it's a bug. I'm on LW8.2 mid project so can't upgrade....

Anyone any help?

T4D
07-15-2005, 11:31 AM
instead of using the graph editor uses Tm-P Motiify I sure it's standard LW plugin
if not do a flay search

looks like this

DMack
07-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks Thomas....I'd rather stick with the graph editor if possible....I mean it's worked in the past and lasso'ing is so fast when you're in there....So I'm wondering if anyone else has had this and found a solution?

Thanks anyway... :)

blaqDeaph
07-16-2005, 04:39 AM
The important thing is that the channel that contains keyframes that you want to delete is the only channel that is selected in the left hand channel column.

Have you tried only having 1 channel in that column, does the same problem occur?

kevman3d
07-16-2005, 06:43 AM
Try this...

Open graph Editor
Press 'o' for the graph editor options

Make sure the option to 'Lock Motion Keys in Time' is OFF. If its on, deleting one key in one channel will delete all others at the same keyframe for the selected items... I had this situation a while back...

At first I thought I'd discovered a new problematic bug in LightWave, but no - However, how it ever became active, I'll never know (though there is a Keyboard shortcut for it - Perhaps I accidentally pressed the key?)

Hope that helps.

Kev.

DMack
07-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Kev,

A massive thank you! That is EXACTLY what it was....I must have done just what you did....an unknown keypress that turned it on!

Seriously thanks a lot, I am just about to embark on a LOT of KF editing and with that option unknowingly on would have made my life hell!

blaqDeaph - Thanks also for jumping in.

kevman3d
07-16-2005, 10:28 PM
No problems! :)

You might want to do what I did - remove the Keyboard shortcut just in case... Just select 'Graph Editor' from the 'Window' drop down at the top of the Edit Keys panel, then remove the offending item (by default its the '7' key). Sorta protect myself against fumbling fingers! :argh:

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2005, 10:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.