PDA

View Full Version : Can you put textures on character, once animated?

Varinder
07-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Hi, sorry for the really noobish question but, can you model and animate your character and then put textures on him after? I'm not quite sure myself, because i remember people always saying that you should model, texture then animate. But, i also read stuff on the internet that people actually model and animate their characters, then texture them. So i'm just wondering, can you do that in LW?

Thanks.
-Varinder

Rod Seffen
07-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Yes, you can.

T4D
07-15-2005, 10:53 AM
in Lightwave you can complete the whole job to the most final stage

and then go into modeler and edit the model as you wish, even replace the model
everything will hold up in layout and LW won't have a problem with it

Of course you need to keep an eye on any UV's or weight maps you have created when editing or adding but that no much at all, & It is a one of LW good points :D

Varinder
07-15-2005, 08:01 PM
that is really great news, thanks a lot guys. This is going to help me out a lot. Since im not very good at texturing, i can now just model and animate my entire movie, and worry about texturing later, excellent.

Panikos
07-15-2005, 08:25 PM
When texturing, the information is applied as if the model is in the modeler.
i.e Position at 0,0,0, Rotation 0,0,0 Scale 1,1,1

Even if you have the model moved or displaced, again the texturing is stored as if the model is in Rest pose

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2005, 08:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.