PDA

View Full Version : butterfly

darrell
07-15-2005, 05:57 AM
Here is a Butterfly I'm working on & I'm looking for some feedback. Do you think the leaves in the background conflict with the insect?

chrisbeaver
07-15-2005, 06:04 AM
I think the butterfly does kinda fade into the leaves behind it. You could either alter their color or simply distance them from the butterfly; either way, it'll help the composition if you get at least part of the butterfly's silhouette into a color that isn't its own.

The butterfly itself looks great, athough the body feels a bit big compared to the wings. Great detail though.

JoeGonzalez
The compositing isn't bad, actually. You've got the color and the lighting of the insect very close to that of the photo- but what makes the insect stand out as a "fake" is that it's sharp, whereas the flower (which presumably is close behind it) is blurred.

Also, the motion blur on the wings seems a bit excessive, and the legs seem a bit thick. And..maybe a bit of cellular bump on the eyes, so they don't look so plain, perhaps.

Your textures look quite nice. Keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.