PDA

View Full Version : Is something wrong with one of my CRT's?

DimensionalPunk
07-14-2005, 10:46 PM
I have dual 19" p991 Dell/Sony Trinitron monitors that are both running off my FireGL card. The problem is that one screens colors are much warmer than the others which I can correct to some degree. Is it normal for identical monitor models to fluctuate in color dispay? I'm seriously considering getting a calibrator but seeing as how a new p991 would cost about the same, I'd like to know if somethings wrong with one of the monitors.

Thanks

EscapeYourMind
07-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Did you buy both of your monitors at the same time? If not what you are seeing is just standard degredation of the monitor. I have 2 of the exact same viewsonic g90f monitors, however one was bought 3 years ago. It has serious color problems compared to the new one I got. The darks are not as dark, and the whites tend to be faded. Colors in general dont seem to that rich when compared with the new one.

If you did buy them at the same time, then it may be an issue with one of the headers on your video card. I of course have my older monitor on the secondary header, yet I have not switched them around to see if that is the case. If you did buy them at the same time flip the monitors around and see if the color problem is based upon which header on the vid card your plugged into.

DimensionalPunk
07-14-2005, 11:54 PM
They were both bought about four years ago and I used them at different stations so they were never close enough to compare until now. They should have about the same amount of hours of used but it's useful to know that a new monitor wouldn't fix the problem, thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
07-14-2005, 11:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.