PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft: Ghost gameplay trailer

Gilgamesh
10-26-2002, 02:35 AM
http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/movies/

hobbes17r
10-26-2002, 04:23 AM
The visuals look teriffic, but the concept doesn't really seem to do what I hoped it would. I'll wait for the day when I get a whole SQUAD of SC-style characters to command strategically from a third-person perspective OR jump in to take over any one of them in a first-person or over-the-shoulder view, while AI (or other players) show the others through their orders...

Sure, ghosts are nice - some of my favorite SC characters - but I think pushing the idea of a more intimate strategy here by offering multiple controllable characters on a small-scale 'battlefield' would have made the game much more interesting that purdy lighting, etc.

As much as I have no doubt SC:Ghost will be beautiful and enjoyable, this idea of being limited to playing only as a 'Rambo'-juiced ghost just leaves me wanting something more, something that taps more into the diversity and balance of SC... The 'Calldown' and vehicle features just fall short.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.