PDA

View Full Version : 3DLabs Oxygen Card Wanted

animalunae
02-19-2002, 10:25 PM
I made up my mind I want to buy an Oxygen, is there anyone who has one for sale? I'm looking for a GVX1, GVX210 or GVX420

Thanx

PixelSoap
02-20-2002, 04:57 AM
ok.. but here is the deal... I have messed around with this card (GVX210) for around a year at my work. You need to have the right mobo for it, and know that a good amount of games don't work with the card.
I've had all sorts of problems running After Effects and Flash....

they're good cards, but you might want to go to 3dlabs.com and check out the forum for that card.

sorry to be a na-sayer.... hope you will have better luck with it then I.
PixelSoap

animalunae
02-20-2002, 12:17 PM
There's been lots of reports on problems and with Maya too, so I'd rather have a good card, which works from time to time...perhaps I'll have to change my mind afterall

animalunae
02-20-2002, 12:35 PM
Ok, I've been reading a lot of wierd stuff on the forums at 3DLabs and I believe there's not a card from 3DLabs that works properly. I think I'll buy another card afterall...the question is: "Which one?"

pinion3d
02-21-2002, 06:43 PM
Well, you can look at the new nvidia Quadro 4, it's not out yet but should be pretty soon. It's fully supported with Maya and Max (and probably all others). It's probably going to be one of the better cards, up there with the Wildcat (hopefully with a lower price.). I personally have a GVX1 and can't really complain too much, it does a pretty good job, but I would like something faster.....

Good luck with the search

animalunae
02-21-2002, 07:24 PM
Thanx for the advice, I must say I've got a pretty good look on the Q4 Thanx

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.