PDA

View Full Version : Cool keyboard!

Saurus
07-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Cool keyboard! Check out the quake settings! I think itís still a concept idea.

http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

MattClary
07-14-2005, 07:16 PM
I don't think it's real though. Looks like a concept. :sad:

qwatkins
07-14-2005, 07:29 PM
This one is pretty cool too

http://www.ergodex.com/mainpage.htm

Valkyrien
07-14-2005, 11:06 PM
That's cool as hell. Put some blue backlighting on it, and I'd hit it;) :p

EscapeYourMind
07-14-2005, 11:14 PM
That really is one cool keyboard, I saw it a bit earlier while surfing around. The only problem is, is that something like that must cost a fortune to be able to have. I wonder if it would increase productivity though. I personally never look at my keyboard, so it may be a bit of overkill.

Valkyrien
07-15-2005, 12:23 AM
That really is one cool keyboard, I saw it a bit earlier while surfing around. The only problem is, is that something like that must cost a fortune to be able to have. I wonder if it would increase productivity though. I personally never look at my keyboard, so it may be a bit of overkill.

one could possibly program multiple levels of hotkeys based on different configurations of the numeric pad...dunno if it works like that though:)

EscapeYourMind
07-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Ya, and from the looks of it its application specific. So your 3dsmax shortcuts for example could easily be displayed on the keys when 3dsmax is in focus, and when you switch over to photoshop, thoes shortcut keys are displayed. Its a very cool concept, but like I said before, I been using computers enough so that I dont look at the keyboard, though it would be something nice to show off. 'Hey look, my keys have pictures of my application shortcuts!'

None the less, a good find!

ya3
07-17-2005, 12:47 PM
If you go up to the main Product Design page, you'll see that it says 'Expected 2006' underneath the keyboard :scream:

As with the last guy, I don't look at the keys either. One thing that springs to mind is the Mac OS special characters - for example, you press CMD+E, then the next vowel you type will be accented. In that instance, you'd actually see the keys change and you'd know what's available to press (a-la OS 8's 'KeyCaps' app).

Nifty. Looks as though it'd match the PowerMac G5 and Apple Displays better, too.

prac
07-17-2005, 01:04 PM
My mother will love to have one of those, She teaches several languages, and always has hard time finding the right keys when typing out an exam.

CGTalk Moderation
07-17-2005, 01:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.