PDA

View Full Version : Toad Peasant WIP

Saramago
07-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Here's my latest character. 3000 polys. I've still got to get som detail in to the clothing texture but I thought I'd see what you think before I go to far . . .

I am trying to get my portfolio together so I should have more stuff soon.

AdamAtomic
07-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Awesome! There is a lot of character in his expression and posture, great work. I would love to see larger, crisper renders!

dpizzle
07-14-2005, 06:00 PM
man, i like this model a lot.
lets see the color map :thumbsup:
i can picture him with a bow or staff...

looks awesome,
dp

fattkid
07-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey, looks good. Thought I'd give you my two cents......

the wireframe looks pretty good, but could maybe be optimized a little bit here and there, especially in the hands and feet. I can't tell for sure as the pic is a little small. When modeling "low poly", always be asking yourself "If I remove this edge loop, will the sillouhette change?". If the shape stays the same, you could probably get rid of the extra geometry. Unless of course the area in question will be deforming, then you may need to keep the extra geometry.

As for the texture, it's pretty solid, but I think you could take it a little further. Maybe get online and gather a folder full of frog pics for reference, and texture accordingly. Thinking back to the good old days of catching frogs at the local pond.....frogs would often have white bellys, and maybe white on the bottoms of the feet, some yellow around the white where it fades to green, spots on the top of it's head and back for camoflauge, etc. That should be worth about 2 cents. Good job, I think you're headed in the right direction. And nice concept, too!

Saramago
07-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks for your input. The textures are still lacking detail - have been a bit distracted modelling and texturing the enviroments for the mod. I was concerened about getting good definitions as I wanted some dynamic animations. I've done the jump cycles and it seems to have paid off.

Here is the texture for the body it was drawn with markers and pencil crayons before i did the photoshop stuff but it could probably do with a bit more . . . texture.

Por@szek
07-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Model looks really nice. But I will add some detail like red flower to brake the palette of colours. Anyway cool work.

rob-beddall
07-15-2005, 04:16 PM
hey!!

nice model. only crits i have are already said.
reminds me of the game....duh...what was it called.?
it had a rabbit as the main character.....on the commodore 64.
his name was usagi yojimbo. can't remember the game title though.
something samuri i think.

anyway, good ,model.
texture could be better, so give it some work. it deserves it. :)

cheers!!

rob-beddall
07-15-2005, 04:18 PM
hey!!

did a google search.
samuri warrior was the name of the game i was trying to remember.
you character reminds me of that game.

cheers!!

thedigitalmonkey
07-16-2005, 01:06 AM
Very appealing character, i dont have much new criticism, but even the pose gives a great sense of his weight or how he'd carry himself. I'd love to see a walk cycle.

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2005, 01:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.