PDA

View Full Version : novice question: how to change the rotate gnomon settings?

tredeger
07-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Just started with MB and WOW! Really love some of it's features. A few questions though:

1. When i have the rotation gnomon (gizmo, widget, manipulator) on screen and pick an axis and rotate a joint *then* release, the visual gnomon jumps back to being oriented in world space. How do I set it to reflect the selected node's local rotation values upon selection? I can't seem to find out how to do this simple thing and wonder if it's a reflection of how MB represents rotation?

2. Normally, if you ctrl+shift+click in the timeline in transport controls you can move the timeslider to the selected location without having to grab and drag it. Unfortunately I'm coming from Maya and have MB set up to use Maya's shortcuts. This seems to kill this functionality and I can't find the equivalent short cut. An oversight? I also can't find a place to manually assign this or any other shortcut, something I've come to expect in most programs.

3. Finally, the documentation doesn't do anything to tell you whether the feature they are describing is exclusive to Pro, MoCap, or comes with standard. Can I create animation on one character and then easily retarget it to another in the standard edition?

Thanks for the help.

donShole
07-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Hi,
Not sure about 1 and 2.

3. The documentation will indicate features which are restricted to MB Pro and Mocap when covering various topics. So If it doesn't say it's restricted to Pro/Mocap, then standard can do it.
Yes Motion retargeting is possible in the standard version

Grenal
07-16-2005, 03:32 AM
For Q1, there's a button on the side of the Viewer that reads "GBL", click and hold this to change to "LCL" (local).

Q2, using the Maya controls probably just did that, kill the functionality. There is no way to reassing shortcuts in MB like in Maya (unless you went into the SDK?).

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2005, 03:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.