PDA

View Full Version : getting system in chaos

zimt
07-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Hi there

I'm working with a friend since nearly three years on an pc game and we are so far that technicly everything works fine and so we should begin to bring structure in our chaos of sketch-papers for story, characters, scenes and enviroments, equimpent, lightning-setups and so on (...) for the render-scenes we're planing.

But how to do this?
We're both realy chaotic people and we need something like a storyboard where everything is squeamish planed.
Ive tryed it my way (the no system way) a billion times before but everything is much to complex. it doesnt work. :banghead:
Are there any tips, tutorials, tools, or something I should know for helping me out of this :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: chaos?

greetings zimt

Saikin
07-14-2005, 06:15 PM
I've never made a storyboard before, but I can take shot at it.

I would divide the Storyboard process into three parts: beginning, middle, and end. Then , divide them into smaller parts: opening scenes, transitions, important moments in the game that you would like emphasized, and so on.

Making things in small chunks always helped me when I have a project to work on.

Hope this sorta helped.

zimt
07-14-2005, 09:08 PM
hm, maybe I'm in the wrog thread, but my problem is, I've the scene in front of my eyes, I know where's beginnig, middle and the end. I know the scenes and the enviroment(in my head), but no inner timeline or something like that... and all the details including to make it look realistic; than the right camera postition, combinded with the lightning I've planed, the items wich must be in the scene, a plan how to organize and realize an sequenz from beginning to the end. at first I should write everything down in a short text, ok! but than?

I dont know the right name for that, but i need a plan how to organize camera settings, a small discribtion of the scene, something to bring regularity into all the stuff.

I've worked a long time only on models and riging and before just on still images and now I want to realize some render scenes and everythings growing outa space!

as I said in topics name: I need a plan to bring system into my chaos!

i need help!!!

jaydmax
07-27-2005, 03:22 PM
you might want to look into the forum on gamedev.net. They have some helpful info.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2005, 03:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.