PDA

View Full Version : Mesh Surgery status?

medula
07-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Just wondered if anyone had heard any news on the status of Mesh Surgery.

Will it be a small update or something else?

It's been a year hasn't it?

JoelOtron
07-14-2005, 03:24 PM
My guess would be to keep your eyes open at Siggraph? (July 27). A lot of people have been mysteriously quiet over the past several months. I suppose that if we dont hear anything by then, maybe we never will. I'd like to hear more about MS for sure. Thats still been a reservation for me switching to 9.

Silverdog
07-14-2005, 07:33 PM
I just upgraded to R9.1, but I would still like to use my Mesh Surgery. :)

Kent

Continuumx
07-14-2005, 07:51 PM
If you are waiting for Mesh Surgery to be released before you upgrade to release 9, you are indeed missing out on a lot of workflow, visual, and feature improvements over 8.5 or release 8.2.

Release 9 is almost a year old.

JoelOtron
07-14-2005, 07:56 PM
If you are waiting for Mesh Surgery to be released before you upgrade to release 9, you are indeed missing out on a lot of workflow, visual, and feature improvements over 8.5 or release 8.2.

I know :)

I was stuck on a longterm project and couldnt upgrade till it was finished. It just finished a few weeks ago. I will upgrade real soon now. I play with the 9 demo from time to time just to keep myself familiarized.

medula
07-14-2005, 08:32 PM

I'm not sure who you are directing your post too.. but I am running the latest and greatest of C4D. As for MS it has some things that 9 doesn't have. Hence my concern for the update.

flyingP
07-14-2005, 08:41 PM
As for MS it has some things that 9 doesn't have.

yeah there's a few things I'd like to have back too

Continuumx
07-15-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm not sure who you are directing your post too.. but I am running the latest and greatest of C4D. As for MS it has some things that 9 doesn't have. Hence my concern for the update.

I agree with you as well (Hinge Extrude feature of Mesh Surgery). All I was saying, it is not a reason by itself to hold off upgrading to release 9 if that is the only issue in my opinion. My message was to JoelD.

I should have added an :) as I had no idea the message had come across in that tone!

moka.studio
07-15-2005, 10:17 AM
not to be a pessimist, but I am not really waiting for an update anymore... It has been really quiet for a longtime. I waited for a longtime for Jenna3, only to see it be discontinued.
Ms was usefull to use, and some of its tools are sill missing from the core app. too bad.
jp

medula
07-15-2005, 01:42 PM
I should have added an :) as I had no idea the message had come across in that tone!

No worries! No negative tone like such was taken. Just a little confusion was all. :)

Ric535
07-15-2005, 04:42 PM
personally i dont think they will bother update it (Paul and Per) i dont think there is enough demand anymore

They are probably working on something completely new

Continuumx
07-15-2005, 05:35 PM
personally i dont think they will bother update it (Paul and Per) i dont think there is enough demand anymore

They are probably working on something completely new

Hello Ric,

Per is definitely working on it as the last message I read in the Mesh Surgery forum talked about the update would simply restore functionality to MS without any new features. This update was in beta stages of testing. I do believe word has been hinted around at a Mesh Surgery 2.

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2005, 05:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.