PDA

View Full Version : don't know if single triagle would be accepted by game engine.

rebrov
07-14-2005, 09:59 AM
One quad is the combination of 2 triangles and People are always trying to keep face as quad in both Maya and Max.

If a mesh / poly have a few triangles which don't belong to any quads, or I say, in UV map, there are several triangles, STL check won't take it as error. Is that OK for most of the game engine?

Those individual triangles could be killed by adding more edges, which will bring more poly counts.

But is that OK to have a few individual triangles for most of the game engines? or absolutely not allowed.

Augh
07-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Umm the rule as I always understood it, was until further notice any and all game engines will triangulate a mesh anyway, so those issues I'd guess wouldn't even exist. Then again, I don't even know how to do an STL check(whu?), so maybe you tell me.

Far as I know it shouldn't be an issue... is there a reason you didn't try? ;)

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2005, 04:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.