PDA

View Full Version : Painter IX Open Upgrade Program 'til August 31, 2005

Jinbrown
07-14-2005, 06:07 AM
Hi everyone,

This is what John Derry mentioned in his Introduction post, about upgrade eligibility for Painter IX. Just about everyone should be eligible, it looks like!

Published today,July 13, 2005:

Article at Computer Graphics World Site (http://cgw.pennnet.com/Articles/Article_Display.cfm?Section=OnlineArticles&SubSection=Display&PUBLICATION_ID=18&ARTICLE_ID=232171)

Slightly paraphrased excerpt from the article:

Starting today, the Open Upgrade Program applies to Corel customers in North America and the United Kingdom.

Until August 31, 2005, the Corel Painter IX upgrade policy includes any graphics or imaging software package from the following companies:

Adobe

Macromedia

ACD Systems

Corel (including Corel Painter Classic, Painter Essentials, and any previous version of Painter)

Microsoft

Apple

Check the Corel Site for More Details
(http://www.corel.com/painter/openupgrade)

philebus
07-30-2005, 10:50 PM
In the UK at least, there is no requirement to own any other product. I received my copy with the lynda.com tutorial CDs this week for 116. Its making me very, very happy!

ecco
08-01-2005, 04:33 PM
I've been on the edge of pressing 'Submit Order' button three times now, for that same offer as you philebus. Not sure why I haven't done it yet. What are the training cds like? I've never used Painter before. Do they assume owenership of a graphics tablet?

I'm expecting my new Wacom table to arrive on thursday but plan to use photoshop as much as possible for the 30 days trial.

EDIT: Have just ordered it from the online store :). Come on UPS...

Leonardo Vega
08-01-2005, 04:35 PM
The same goes for the US version. When I called the lady told me that since it's the full version, then there is no real need to own another software. They are not worrying about it, they just want to sell sell sell! :D

I'm getting it for sure!

- Leo

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2005, 04:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.