PDA

View Full Version : need help on next step of character

chal7ds
07-14-2005, 04:17 AM
Hey everyone,

I am a NEWBIE to maya and i need help along my path of creating a skeleton character. What i have so far is just NURB cylinders and spheres that pretty much make up his basic joints and head, arms, legs, etc. you can see a printshot here:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/chal7ds/skullguy.jpg

The problem is..since i'm new i have no idea what i'm doing :( so i don't know what the next step is. How do i sew up all these parts to make one complete body? And if that's not the next step, what is? After that, i need to add detail to the face and then paint him. And then finally after that, i need to animate him so his head bobbles and mouth moves as if he's speaking.

any help on what i need to do next would be much appreciated...

twedzel
07-15-2005, 06:32 PM
What yer at right now is the very base stage of modelling... which is digital sculpting. And that is blocking out your sculpture. There are a ton of resources out there ot help you out with the basics, I'd reccomend searching through forums for techniques on basic nurbs or poly modeling (for most newbies poly's would be the easiest way to go about it).

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2005, 06:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.