PDA

View Full Version : Mike Comets PoseDeformer

grrinc
07-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Hello all.

I am rather hoping Mike answers this himself seeing as he visits here quite often!! Anyway...

I have a character modelled that I am about to rig. All the usual set driven deformations will be done using poseDeformer. After this is done, I would like to adds some further morphs using blend shapes for non set driven deformations ( muscle tension, wobbly bits, etc). Can any one see any pitfalls of doing this way?? It seems straight forward enough, but I would like to make sure I dont miss anything.

Many thanks.

G

fortner
07-14-2005, 06:49 PM
hey grrinc.

are you using comets cmuscle plugin, or the just the poseDeformer. if you are using his cmuslce plugin, then using the jiggle, relaxe, sticky, and sliding weights are perfect for this. All of which are animatable. If you are just using the stand alone poseDeformer plugin, then ya I guess extra blends could work for jiggle, and tension. Will be a lot of work though. Maybe using some softbody particles would achieve what you want as well.

- fortner
character td
www.mikefortner.com
www.dnahelix.com

michaelcomet
07-14-2005, 07:20 PM
There should be no problems with blendshapes and PSD's mixed together.

You'll just have the blendshapes earlier in history than the skin, and hte PSD's after like normal. We do both together all the time here.

-comet

grrinc
07-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Hell Fortner, thanks for replying.

Although I will be getting cmuscle very soon, I will be using poseDeformer for this inital project.

So far I have modeled the character, uv'ed and textured it. Next I am to rig it. I am hoping that poseDeformer will take care of all the 'set driven' morphs, and then afterwards I can add additional non set driven morphs with blend shapes, and then some additional jiggle simulations as necesary. Hopefully this is a working 'pipeline'.

Many thanks.

Glen.

grrinc
07-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Hey thanks Mike!! Just to clarify, do you suggest I do my Blendshapes first, then the PSD's?? How about jiggles??

Thanks.

michaelcomet
07-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Doesn't matter what you do first, but when you set up PSDs you'll want to make sure your mesh is in the defualt state with the blends off, and such, except for the skinning deforming the rig into the pose you are fixing. That way the fix is based off the basic skinning only etc...

For jiggle, cMuscle, or just an extra joint and some weights etc to fake it and keyframe it.

twedzel
07-15-2005, 06:27 PM
I just wanted to say Michael, your pose deformer rocks, and the pose reader... genius. Thanks for sharing that one with the community!

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2005, 06:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.