PDA

View Full Version : Figurative Composition - 2D / 3D TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL

Rebeccak
07-13-2005, 12:44 AM
Guys,

This thread is dedicated to the study of FIGURATIVE COMPOSITION in 2D / 3D TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL MEDIA.

Please post your best FIGURATIVE COMPOSITIONAL STUDIES here!

NOTE: THESE MAY BE COPIES OF THE OLD (OR NEW) MASTERS!

Please post:

1. Your BEST WORK!
2. Medium used
3. Time spent to complete
4. A bit about your process

Thanks in advance for your posts! :)

~Rebeccak

dareevan
07-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Hi Rebecca, can i post in here?

I really need help and input for the anatomy for this piece. I run out of deadline. I don't have a model, and don't study female yet. Can U help me please? The body is really weird and also the neck. everything :( btw, sorry for my poor english :P. I also welcome everybody to Critique on my work ^_^, Really appreciate for your kindness.

best regards,
Joseph

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/dareevan/goddess5-copy.jpg

Rebeccak
07-13-2005, 03:22 PM
dareevan,

Beautiful work here, I will answer your request as soon as I can :)

~Rebeccak

theseraphimabove
07-13-2005, 05:50 PM
dareevan,

Sorry I cant fully analyze your piece and give you every detail you might need, but one thing I noticed from just a quick look at it is her right leg (on the left side when looking at it) seems a bit too long. It doesn't take away from the piece I dont think, and overall, I think its looking very good. Especially for not having a model or extensive training on the female figure.. Thats my opinion anyway..

Seraph

Raymi
07-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi Rebeccak and everyone,

Thanks so much for this forum! It's fantastic!!

This digital painting is a few years old. The composition was quite difficult, but somehow I managed to create a roadmap for the eye....due to the fairly strong lighting, and strong shadows.

The original motivation for this piece was to start out with a Poser figure, and end up with something that didn't necessarily have that plastic look of so many 3d figures.
After posing and lighting the figure, most of the postwork was done in Painter.

Thanks for looking!!

-Ray

Rebeccak
07-14-2005, 06:26 AM
dareevan,

per your request, I have done some very quick edits to hopefully help you improve your piece ~ of course, these are really general "comments", but the main thing I would suggest is to break the staticness of the pose by using sweeping curves (perfect since you have organic matter in the picture plane) and bring her left leg further out toward the viewer and bend her right leg a bit more ~ I think the problem you are having is that the pose is too static and up and down, and that is what is bothering you. Take a look and let me know what you think: :)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/rebeccak4/CG_Talk_Anatomy_Workshop_II_OPPOSING%20CURVES/FOR%20GENERAL%20REVIEW/REVIEWED_SET_dareevan_godde.jpg

Hope this quick review helps :)

~Rebeccak

Rebeccak
07-14-2005, 06:29 AM
Raymi,

What a BEAUTIFUL piece ~ oddly, it's a little reminiscent of Wyeth and his pictures of Helga. Can you tell us a bit more about your process?

Thank you for posting this! :)

~Rebeccak

CGTalk Moderation
07-14-2005, 06:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.