PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Pass & Matt objects

123oclock4oclockROCK
07-12-2005, 10:32 PM
I think it is good idea to create a new thread for this.

I have an object that I'm using a the ground (rather than Vue ground or landscape)

I have made lots of trees to appear on this using material eco system and populating...this looks good.

I now want to render just these trees and their shadows that are cast onto the ground object, but not the object itself.

In lightwave you could apply a shader, shadow pass, so only the shadows would appear in final render but the object would become alpha channel.

How do I do similar in Vue so I can composite trees & shadows to lightwave landscape?

Also, how you make any object matt colour, also to help with compositing?

Many thankyous for your help :)

Best

Jas

123oclock4oclockROCK
07-12-2005, 11:39 PM
To answer my own question, I think, I've rendered out some object and shadow masks using the G-Buffers. With some crazyness in post I can get the trees masked in and their shadows with adjustments to match the background render so happy times again:) . Hope this all works well with motion blur and AA so I don't get any halo problems.

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2005, 11:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.