PDA

View Full Version : Question

HomerJSimpson
07-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi All
I am new here and a reletive new comer to this kind of grahpic design, I do a little bit with Photoshop.
I seen some awesome graphics in here and would like to create that kind of standard.

Anyway I was curious about creating characters in 3D. The kind you see in CG animations like in video games etc.

How would I go about creating a character from bottom up? ie. Which program is the best to use, are there any good tutorials to help me begin? etc.

any help would be great.
Thanks.

jasonhendrik
07-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Poser- tweek some prefabs. see how far you get with that

pnoland
07-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Don't use poser... :rolleyes:

If you want to build characters for yourself then either check out some nice rendering packages (Maya, XSI, C4d, Max) or there are specialty programs designed for -only- modeling which area great in my opinion. Modo, Silo, and Wings3d are going to be your best choices in modeling for character work so check out those three applications. Wings3d is free, Silo is $109, and modo's price is varying right now due to discounts on software packages. But I would never recomend Poser to anybody that wants to learn -modeling-. You can always tell a poser model from a hand made one.

HomerJSimpson
07-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Thanks mate. I will check it out.

Are they easy to use or will I need to check out some tutorials? (if there are any)

JuddWack
07-13-2005, 05:02 AM
Can Wings3D models be imported into Maya and are the modeling tools easier to use?

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2005, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.