PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get PF Source emitter to follow path?

datter
07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
I need to animate a stick of dynamite exploding and have run into a little problem. I've got the wick burning off to the dynamite nicely, but I want to use PF Source for the sparks. I can get it looking pretty good but what I haven't figured out how to do is to have the PF Source emitter follow the path of the wick. I put a path deform on a small non-renderable sphere and have that following the path/spline thinking I could just link the PF Source emitter to it and it would follow too. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work... ie - I can't link the emitter to the sphere.

Any suggestions on how to go about this?

Thanks in advance,
datter

j-man
07-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi datter,

The pathdeorm is a WSM (world space modifier), so is calulated after the link to the sphere. you should place a path controller on the PFsource position and select the shape as your path, unless there is an option in PFlow to follow a path

J.

stefan
07-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Use "Speed by Icon" inside Particle Event. And constrain Icon with help of Path constraint.
Turn on "Use Icon Orientation" /in "Speed by Icon" parameters/ U coud use sync by Particle age. Try what is best for U.

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2005, 11:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.