PDA

View Full Version : ReyBustos Sends Best Regards to Rebecca - Free Reysolution

crossbones
07-11-2005, 11:56 PM
I showed Rey what you are doing on Cgtalk, and he was very happy to see that there is now an Artistic anatomy Forum on Cgtalk thanks to another ACCD Alum (shhh don't tell anyone we are taking over).

I saw someone on this forum trying to capture this particular piece and Rey and I decided to contribute something to the community. Click on the image for the crossfade.

http://www.reybustos.com/images/Forum_images/laocoon%20stack.jpg (http://www.reybustos.com/03ra/lacoon_mx.htm)

thetrianglekid
07-12-2005, 12:58 AM
rey's site was VERY useful in making my sketches

FromanylanD
07-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Wow! That's great, thanks for doing this. It would be nice if you could fade to muscle on any figure you saw :D.

Rebeccak
07-12-2005, 03:11 AM
crossbones,

Awesomeness. Send a thank you to Rey as well :) ~ I only became acquainted with his site a short time before you contacted me about it, but it is a wonderful site which you have put together on what I am sure is an extremely tight schedule ~ kudos for doing such a fabulous job! This site will be a tremendous resource to this community.

Thank you! :)

~Rebeccak

Zephyri
07-12-2005, 12:11 PM
Now that is the most useful anatomy resource I've come across to date, thank you so much for that crossbones. Rebecca, is there any chance any of your future lessons might make use of something like that? Say when you get into the details of specific anatomy? Even if you were to provide a source image with an overlaid sketch in photoshop? I find this very useful as it shows not only the muscles but how much is visible on the surface. It would be fascinating to make comparisons to models like this, and older men, much more like the figures the masters used in their paintings, thinking specifically of the biblical images that caravaggio and rubens did, the anatomy of whom often show through much more clearly.

crossbones
07-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Zepyhri:
Something you have to take note of. Its extremely time consuming to do said drawings. Rey spends hours on them. Its going to be very time consuming if she starts doing that for anyone that has a question.

To help her out, what I am going to suggest to our publisher of our DVDs is that Rey and I have an interview in this forum either before or after our DVDs come out. We can answer questions the users have and create reference.

What do you guys think

Rebeccak
07-12-2005, 07:20 PM
I think Rey ought to contact me her / him~ self if that is the intention ;)

~Rebeccak

crossbones
07-12-2005, 08:21 PM
With permission of course we would make a thread and entertain questions.:thumbsup:

Rebeccak
07-12-2005, 09:22 PM
I also think it would be great if Rey would consider contributing a tutorial on the MODERN MASTERS thread:

MODERN MASTERS - 2D and 3D / TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL - POST YOUR TUTORIALS HERE (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=257709)

We would all benefit from Rey's teaching! :)

Thank you,

~Rebeccak

Zephyri
07-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Crossbones: I appreciate that very much, though it wouldn't have to be to that degree of detail, even an outline of where muscles lay would be helpful. Of course, anything you or rey could offer in the way of advice would be gratefully received, I do understand all the time given here by tutors here is very much voluntary, so I'd have no wish to take up too much of your time. And I'd love to see any of the DVDs you guys have out, if any, on figurative drawing.

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2005, 02:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.