PDA

View Full Version : Check out this website!

thereverend
02-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Hi,
I've got a website full of game stuff, ingame and FMV, let me know what u think.

Some of its getting on a bit, had no time to do new stuff as I'm working for framestore at the moment :))

Cheers
The REV

www.thereverend.co.uk (http://www.thereverend.co.uk)

Palm
02-19-2002, 07:45 PM
I love the sketches..:) Cool details and style.
Rock'n'Roll. :D

Lucid
02-19-2002, 09:02 PM
Whoa! Nice character work. That is some impressive imagery.

Have a great one,
Lucid

thereverend
02-19-2002, 09:51 PM
I have to admit some of the character design belongs to someone else, but faithfully transferred by yours truly :)

Thanks for the comments,
The REV

The Magic Pen
02-19-2002, 09:54 PM
Nice over all. I really like your mid poly models they look great!! Maybe some more 2d art huh?? He he, I come from a 2d background so I always judge artists on there 2d skills .

Omita
03-06-2002, 06:35 AM
I like the content but the site has some problems IMO. The transitions are cute but they get annoying... they happen to slow. I think that this really make browsing the site less fun because you have to wait for the effects to happen.

While I am new to gaming art I have been designing website and flash games for years. It the transitions take longer then 3 seconds then they will annoy people. You might want to have the transitions happen once... but then not occur later on.

-Hays

thereverend
03-06-2002, 01:55 PM
Not a bad point. I'll put it too my web programmer! i didn't build it myself, i hear u say, what! and do all that 3d! one has to forge in one direction rather than spread too thin :)

Nobody
03-06-2002, 10:52 PM
I'd reccomend you post the poly counts for each model as well. And mention if you did the backgrounds, textures, and all that...if you didn't, say who did. Some wireframes would be nice, too.

thereverend
03-06-2002, 11:01 PM
well.. if you are interviewing me, I'll send you all the details you need.

Otherwise its a matter of choice. If your good, you'll be able to figure out the poly count and the texture size ;)

The REV

dtek8
03-07-2002, 12:08 AM
wicked rev,,, u have some real nice stuff,,, :cool:

do u work at warhog?

dtek:D :cool:

thereverend
03-07-2002, 12:20 AM
well, I did, for four years then I went for a change and am working for Framestore (london).

Can't figure out what i'd like to carry on with now, games or post production stuff! - that said I miss playing halfy!!!

dtek8
03-07-2002, 03:05 AM
hehe,, cool,, well its all good!!! u r doin art and cgi!!!

i actually live a few miles away from warthog i recently moved back here after living in London for a few years,, i sent my demo cd to warthog just the other week,, dunno if they will be interested tho,, i have a post called low poly environment 2,, in the game art section(link below),,would u be interested in checking out,, maybe u can tell me how much i need to improve 2 be in with a chance,,, no worries either way just a thought,,,:p

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3361

dtek

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.