PDA

View Full Version : FXWars! The Big Freeze! MUSTAN9

mustan9
07-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Hi all,

This is my WORK-IN-PROGRESS thead, and I've seen other people start one for thier work. I am very new to the forum, and thought joining the FXWars would be a good way to introduce myself, and meet new people.

Feel free to talking about anything.

My entries will be a short 3D animation (I'm still not sure what is a valid entry), but this is what my current idea is.

"This entry takes place down in the depths of hell, and the devil is trying to open Pandora’s Box. When he opens the box a tornato of snow and ice freezes everything even the Devil."

I have started work on modelling the Devil (which will be based upon a character from Diablo), and will post some images later tonight.

WhiteRabbitObj
07-12-2005, 12:56 AM
You need to wait to see the actual challenge before coming up with an idea on how to do it. We don't have many details on what Roberto is planning but I am fairly certain that your plans won't qualify for the actual competition. By all means, proceed with it anyways if it's something you want to do though.

mustan9
07-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the notice. I will wait until I get more details.

Any idea when we'll know what it will be about?

RobertoOrtiz
07-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Man someone better track that Roberto.

I heard he was eaten by wolves this weekend.

I promise to have an update soon.

-R

bRuNuShky
07-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Hey man... you are the more faster guy in the town... until the rules of challenge are posted you already have your entry ... hahah... its ok is only a joke http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

.... but I think that many are waiting to start this new challenge me too .... but have to wait until roberto give us the start order ...

Ready...

Stady....

And....??http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

mustan9
07-12-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm going to have so much fun on this one. :)

I only have an "idea" and the head of my Devil started. That's it! A least I can use my model for this contest in some context. I can just change my idea.

I tried rendering some ice and snow in Mental Ray yesterday, and I think this contest is going to be very hard to do something realistic.

P.S. I hope this contest will just be a STILL image, and not an animation. This is my first contest, and I don't know if I have what it takes to do a 30 second short.

google monkey
07-13-2005, 05:22 PM
look around there is a lot of information out there on natural looking landscape creation, how to do acurate looking glacier shader. Natural landscape always seem to be one the harder areas for CGI.

Check out some of the results that Terragen can produce.

mustan9
07-18-2005, 06:57 PM
look around there is a lot of information out there on natural looking landscape creation, how to do acurate looking glacier shader. Natural landscape always seem to be one the harder areas for CGI.

Check out some of the results that Terragen can produce.

I saw your postings on the tips/tricks thread. Thanks so much man! That was exactly what I was looking for. I don't know how you found it. You must be a google monkey.

The rules have been posted, and I'm planning on doing shots of a frozen New York city. My opening shots will be from the inside of a frozen office building.

I'm thinking of limiting the perspective of all the shots to someone who is walking around in a frozen city. Lots and lots of snow and ice.

CGTalk Moderation
07-18-2005, 06:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.