PDA

View Full Version : Trouble tracking text...

griffdrc
07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
ok so i have a shot with a car going across the screen.... i tracked my text to the side of the car the best i could... rendered it... when i watch it at slow speeds it looks great... however when i play it at normal speed (30fps) there is a doubling effect... it looks like there are two words on top of each other... like a ghosting effect... how can i get rid of this effect? i have tried playing around with motion blur and it didn't help... thanxs

dines
07-12-2005, 07:54 AM
I am not sure if this is a solution. Try using Fieldrendering. This is a Method that splits the frames in lines and renderes first all even and then all odd lines in a frame. This technique is also used in PAL televesion to simulate a higher frequencie. I read that it makes animations with details such as text better....
So give it a try... and let me know if it worked.

griffdrc
07-12-2005, 11:56 PM
thanxs dines... made a huge difference...

dines
07-13-2005, 04:43 PM
...glad I could help...

-dines-

blaqDeaph
07-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Hmm, if its some text thats gonna be permantly stuck to the side of the car, can you try modeling an image map directly onto the body of the car?

Have you tried parenting the text to the car, or are you doing 2 seperate keyframes for the text and car?

griffdrc
07-14-2005, 05:37 PM
sorry... i should have made it more clear... the car isn't 3d but the txt is... i know i could use a comp program instead but i wanted to use lightwave... plus to fake the reflections in the txt that u see in the car i used an image across from the text... its not perfect but it helps to ground it into the scene... my inspiration for this method was the cafefx demo... i saw how they did one of their shots... similar to the way i'm trying this... it looked cool... a little monkey see monkey do... besides without nething to motion track to on the car it would be almost the exact same problem in the comp program as far as keyframing the text to the car... thanxs tho... if only i could model a car like the one in my shot...

CGTalk Moderation
07-14-2005, 05:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.