PDA

View Full Version : Got it today!

mdunakin
07-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Yah!
Finally!
I was up since 4:30am this morning and just couldn't get back to sleep,
waiting for the UPS guy to show up, and he just got here.
I'm about to install it right now and spend the rest of my day playing heh heh :)

And yes, I'll take the advice someone else posted up and download
the latest update that they have for it at their site too.

So, off to have me some fun!
See ya all as soon as I create my first image.
And thanx all for all the info and tips and all that.
I've appreciated it all................................................md :)
Looks like it comes with an extras Disk as well,
so that ought to be fun too.

Mike.H
07-11-2005, 08:12 PM
a nice start up tip is to go over the scenes on your extra cd and a: study some of the scenes and B: save any items you see in the scenes that isnt already part of the default objects in the object library as a vob, that way you get easy access to quite a few and nice objects (not included in the object library) while you´re learning the ins and outs of vue5I.

mdunakin
07-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Well, it's after 2am, and I guess I should hit the hay LOL

I've been playing with just the eco system the whole entire night!
And I don't have a clue about what I heard a couple of other people
complainning about it being hard to work with, as I still haven't even
opened the manual yet, and have been having loads of fun, just playin,
since everything is so easy to find.

And as for control, what the heck was that one dude even talking about lack of control!?
There is soooo much control, it's practically like overkill, except that it isn't and I love it!
I can adjust seemingly every single aspect of every single thing I've messed with so far or can find.

So, now that I've had my fun day, tomorrow i'll spend some time reading through the
manual a bit and then take a look at some more tutorials from the e-on web site
as well as some others, though most things so far seem fairly self
explanitory to me with this program.

But I can see I'll need to do some thorough reading up on certain areas in the program.
But that's all OK with me and expected as well :)

Anyway, getting blurry eyes...........................................md :)

Mike.H
07-12-2005, 11:18 AM
well i had a hunch you woudnt agree with that other guy once you got the application yourself :)

glad you like it, and yeah i think the straightforward way of getting into vue is one of it´s nicest aspects, it takes 1 second to "get it", but of course the depth is there under the surface so you´ll still be able to spend years and years of improving and finding new and better ways of doing things :)

mdunakin
07-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Yeah, so far I'm loving this program! :)

Today I will be concentrating on figuring out how they keep growth from going into the water?
I did the island test that the first startup tutorial shows you how to make, and from there
I went on to experiment with all sorts of other things, but have yet to get to the part where
I can make so that the growth (like eco-growth) will stay on land and not creep into the water areas.
Not sure where to find that sort of info, as with these new programs, ya never know for
sure what terms they use for what?, but I'll be reading most of the day anyway.
If you don't know what something is called though, then you can't look it up in a manual.

But, what I also will be doing during my learning proccess, is the obvious,
which is to load up as many (all) sample scenes I can that come with the program.
No better way to learn, then seeing how it's already done in samples :)

Anyway, ........................md :)

mdunakin
07-12-2005, 10:18 PM
P.S. I love the fact that they have F9 as the Render hot key.
This is just like in LW :)

Anyway, back to it............................md :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2005, 10:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.