PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 2 Vue Object problem

123oclock4oclockROCK
07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Hello, I am learning to use Vue 5 Infinite but struggle a little with how to link it with Lightwave 8.3. I have the Vuesync.p plugin installed and mapped to a key and this syncs only camera and lights, not objects. So I import the objects manully in Vue but they are scaled incorrectly and in wrong place.

Easily I have a landscape that I already made in Lightwave that has a camera flying over it and I want to transfer all this to Vue so I can add trees. As I say the camera has worked but not the landscape object. How do I move the landscape so it is positioned and scaled precisely the same as in Lightwave please ? I can not create a new landscape in Vue because it is especially built for an animation already made.

Any help please, thanking you all very much.

Jas

123oclock4oclockROCK
07-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Can any nice people help...I go crazy with it. I found you have to set off for 'centre & scale' in options + scale landscape object by x50. I vuesync camera and all looking good, but then if you render and overlay that on same frame in lightwave there is some mismatch. It's close but as if camera setting or direction is a bit off. Oh heaven there should be a simple way to sync camera and objects between software. What do I miss here? Do I throw away my money?

123oclock4oclockROCK
07-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Please help....how do I pass an object and a camera from Lightwave to Vue so that they render the same. I just want to render trees in view but the camera must be the same and the object the trees are on must be in the same place nd scale so evrything matchs up when I put them togther in post. I got the camera snyced ok but the object seems to be in the wrong place when it renders, or maybe the camera lense is wrong....it's crazy....such a simple job to do as advertised it would. Very stuck here...

Mike.H
07-11-2005, 11:36 PM
i/we dont use lw but why dont you contact this v5I/lw user since he seems to be able to get it to work as intended.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=257129

Megalodon
07-12-2005, 03:20 AM
Jas,

I'm not entirely sure... but I think the problem that you're having is with the different scales used in each program. For instance, Vue may use feet and LW may use meters. Look into this area and I think you'll find the answers. I seem to remember someone else had similar problems and coordinating the scale between both programs solved it.

Good Luck!

Megalodon

mix
07-12-2005, 04:55 AM
1) In General Pref's , disable Resize and center imported object.
2) When imported, the camera motion is (50) times the size of the actual motion in LW, so just decrease it to (1).
You will find the option to change this in the camera/ animation/ synchronize tab.

PS/ If the camera seems to clip geometry, Its only in Opengl view. It will still render correctly.

Hope this helps.

Wabe
07-12-2005, 07:39 AM
What you always can try is to create a scene containing cube in LW and export that always with the objects you want to have in Vue. Then whatever scaling is used or not, this container cube is the reference and all is relative to that. Simply delete the cube then (or disable rendering for it) and it should work. Zack!

123oclock4oclockROCK
07-12-2005, 08:35 AM
So good, many thankyous to you all. I import landscape object a normal, no changes or scaling. I then sync camera from lightwave and make that scale change for it's motion path from 50 to 1. Thats so good, all seems to work now and even I can see the landscape because before the fog hid it due to scaling of land. Arrr, very happy, thankyou. I will render a preview animation now to check it frame by frame but looking good.

Next job is to make landscape not render but cover it in trees in the right places. I will need the trees and shadows only to render and the rest to be alpha map, any tips?

Anyway so good, a tool I can use :thumbsup:

123oclock4oclockROCK
07-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I do have it working but.....and it's a big BUT:) ...if you edit an object in Modeler and save, Vue will react with an 'object update' prompt. If you ok this the revised object can be misaligned, very odd. It's not that the object has changed either position of size in Layout or Modeler...you may have just changed some textures, but Vue makes an error and moves it slightly...this could be a disaster if you didn't notice as the mis-alignment is only small. It's easy fixed by deleting object from Vue and re-importing it.

Best

Jas

Wabe
07-12-2005, 12:21 PM
I hope you report this to e-on technical support. This indeed is serious and NEEDS to be fixed.

123oclock4oclockROCK
07-12-2005, 06:44 PM
I wonder if this is caused by the options preference to nudge duplicate objects....even though it's not duplicated but reloaded. Still bug but I'll see if that helps.Jas

Mike.H
07-13-2005, 12:01 AM
nice observation there, and yeah nudge duplicates might be related.
Make sure you report it to e.on

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2005, 12:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.