PDA

View Full Version : rotating the jaw bone deforms other areas but can't use flexors

Bob216
07-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi there all. My Name is Bob and I am new to this forum as well as just learning to rig my cartoon dog. What I am doing is creating a cartoon dog which will be exported to shockwave but it does not support a lot of the animation features that Maya provides. Some examples that I know of so far are riggid skinning and adding flexors.

So far, to give you guys an idea how I modeled the dog is that the dog's head and jaw are modeled as one object. What I like to happen is, I would like just the lower jaw to rotate up and down when he is speaking or breathing with his tounge hanging out etc. Though after I have soft binded the bones to my dog, when I rotate the jaw the upper snout and in front of the neck deforms a little. However, like I said before, I can not use flexors becuase they are not supported in shockwave. So I am asking you guys if there are any other work arrounds I could do to fix this without having the mouth and jaw as sepperate objects?

john_homer
07-11-2005, 09:04 PM
if they are soft bound, why not just edit the weights so the correct ones move as much as you want?
or am I not understanding the question.
dont use rigid bind.

.j

Bob216
07-12-2005, 03:18 AM
if they are soft bound, why not just edit the weights so the correct ones move as much as you want?
or am I not understanding the question.
dont use rigid bind.

.j

Actually John, you are right. I tried this out using the Paint Skin Weights tool and it works. Also wasn't sure if this is shockwave compatible but I have tested that out as well and the character exported with no errors. So thanks again for the help.

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2005, 03:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.