PDA

View Full Version : Flipping pages in a book

biliousfrog
07-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi all,

yet another page flipping question for the 3d community:rolleyes: ........I need to flip a load of pages on an open book as if it has been left near a fan or open window. I've looked through a few tutorials on flipping pages using spline control, bones & morphs but they tend to be concentrating on only a few pages at a time...I need to have quite a few pages. Is there a simple way to set this up? Could I even use some sort of soft-body dynamics?

thanks in advance
Steve

artisimo
07-14-2005, 02:21 PM
why not setup a page with a few bones and copy paste them in layout to a bunch of sheets.
you can modify the motion over an expression or by moving the keys in the editor

nikopol_gfx
07-15-2005, 01:18 PM
I think the morphing is the simplest way, if you want to turn many pages, but bones are good, too. It is some work, you have to create at least 7-8 morph poses for the book page. Than, duplicate this page book and offset the animation for every morph. If you want to do surfacing for every page, do some copies of the morphed model. I've tried this long time ago and it works.

blaqDeaph
07-16-2005, 05:35 AM
Just wondering, if a polygon has both an origin and a morphed position, and i clone the poly, does the morph automatically clone as well?

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2005, 05:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.