PDA

View Full Version : Writing an Explorer UI in Maya

SajNT
07-11-2005, 05:20 AM
hey fellas, i've been trying to figure out ways to set up a UI, juz like the windows explorer. So far i've managed to strip out the modified date and time of a selected Maya Scene File,append it into a textScrollList and thatz pretty much it.Its juz not as versetile as explorer, where u hit on the "Date Modified" tab, and all files will be arranged as that.

i've also noticed this Maya command `projFileViewer`, it has -sortBy "date","name" or "size" flags,-forceRefresh etc. But i just can't figure out how it works.The custom Maya UI i made has a "Refresh" button on it to refresh all appended items on the scrollList,in case a new file comes in or gets deleted.

alt+tabing between Maya and 3-4 window explorers can be quite confusing sometimes,esp publishing finalised files, or retracting bad scenes. So i was tinking has anyone attempted to conjure something like this before? It'll be great to combine 4 window Explorers into a Single Maya Window, with 4 columns.. Any help or thoughts,ideass will be appreciated : j

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2005, 05:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.