PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with my glass??

icedeyes
10-25-2002, 03:27 AM
This is something i have been working on for one hour in the lighting and materials and i can't understand what is wrong.... The glass looks like it is metalic at some points, like the backfaces have a different material even though i have applied a front-back node to solve this.... The render tree has a phong shader that has an incidence node and a color corection node connected to the transparency and the color.... Please tell me what the **** i am doing wrong.... Thanks in advance...

icedeyes
10-25-2002, 03:29 AM
a better rendering (better lighting) but with the same problem....

Sound
10-25-2002, 04:00 AM
Can u show the glass mat. 's Render tree?

icedeyes
10-25-2002, 04:10 AM
this is the render tree structure

Atyss
10-25-2002, 10:38 AM
I see one problem and one potential problem.

1- The problem is that you used the same shader for the back. You must create another surface shader (copy the values from the first one) and the set the Index of Refraction to 1.
Then connect the rest of your tree in this shader.

2- The potential problem is that you might not have enough ray depth. In the render option > optimization, increate the refraction depth to something like 6. Increate the maximum ray depth accordingly.

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

icedeyes
10-25-2002, 05:02 PM
It was very late at night, iwas spleepy and didn't think about the refraction depth..... Thanks a lot atyss

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.