PDA

View Full Version : Joints size are different

albynism
07-10-2005, 11:33 PM
I have a character set up with joints. when I create a new joint the joint size is different from the existing joints. Its like I have two joints size setting. I thought joint size is meant to be global. How do I make them the same size. I have tried setting the joint size to 25% 50% etc but both joints are still of different size (although they resized accordingly) but one joints are small and the other joints are huge. I want to make the equal size. I have tried exporting the objects but it doesnt work either. Any help is much appreciated.

ThePredator42
07-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Thatīs a new feature in Maya 6.5. Itīs an attribute called radius in the joints AE. Itīs initialised with default settings when you create a joint chain, depending on the "length" of the joint. If you want them the same size, select them all (not just the root!) and run this

string $selectionList[] = `ls -sl`;
if (`size($selectionList)` > 0)

{
string $sourceNode = $selectionList[0];

for ($currentSelection in $selectionList)
{
setAttr ($currentSelection + ".radius") 1;
}
};

albynism
07-11-2005, 07:05 AM
thank you very much!!! I was confused at first, I thought it was another one of maya's annoying bugs. Thanks again.

ThePredator42
07-12-2005, 09:52 AM
no problemo :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2005, 09:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.