PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody, problems with realism in render

masakre
07-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Hello, Im from Argentina, sorry for my english hehe.... Im designing a new style of motorbike, and I want to put it in a showroom. Until far, I dont have problems with the modeling, my problems always is with the render; I always have a good render when I use in 3dsmax 6 the skylights, but... :banghead: if I use that, the meshes dont shine!
I used the 3dsmax for years, but I think Im still a beginner.
Anyway, you are the experts. Maybe you can give me some tutorials for final stage or mental ray so I can give more realism to my projects.

Thankyou!!! :)

3dsMaxTran
07-11-2005, 02:25 PM
hey masakre,

your problem is, a skylight is generally used for clay renderings to show the modelss details, if you want photorealistic renderings, you need to have a different light setups, and by your saying that you want the meshes to shine, i think you are referring to specular levels, my recommendation to get something to "shine" would be to look into HDR images, they are much easier on the system and less time consuming. so to answer your question, stay away from the skylight and light tracer combo if you want photorealism.

good luck:thumbsup:

lummoxmine
03-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Try putting an additional light in your scene, Preferrably a Spotlight (spotlight cast rays in fewer directions than Omni's do) and in setting of your light(under Advanced Effects), uncheck diffuse; so only the specular remains.
There you have it . a nice quick setup to get very realistic renders.

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2006, 01:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.