PDA

View Full Version : I'm Having A problem Joining Two Objects

The Illustrator
07-10-2005, 06:24 PM
I have a model that I have finished working on, and Cinema is giving me some big problems. The problem is that I modeled the hands seperate from the rest of the model. In order to attach the hand to the rest of the body I am using a Boolean with A union B, High Quality, and Create Single object selected. When I do this, my program starts wigging out bad. If I try to delete polygons and then go back and use the create polygon tool it won't work, I can't use the bridge tool either. Even worst, if I try to put the new object under a hypernurbs object (it is a low poly model) the whole program crashes over and over again. Can anyone please help me out? as I have exhausted all that I know of trying to figure out what the heck is going on with this thing. Thanks in advance for any help given!

ThirdEye
07-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Booleans?! Madness. Select the two objects - right click in the view in object mode - connect. Then bridge the gaps or weld the points.

The Illustrator
07-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Third Eye you are the MAN, it worked like a charm, and also what whas wigging it out was a hypernurbs weight tag. When I deleted that all of the shapes flying all over the place disappeared. Thanks again Sir!

CGTalk Moderation
07-10-2005, 07:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.