PDA

View Full Version : Bones and object manipulation in Layout... HDRI Tutorial Related (Issue #4)

MiWi Graphics
07-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Hey guys,

I was working on the "Artery Displacement Surgery" tutorial in HDRI Issue #4 (Page 72 bottom/right of the page). Basically, the tutorial has you create a tube and wants you to add a couple of bones and then bend the object. I referred to the manual, and did some looking around online, but still cannot seem to figure out how to manipulate the object with the bones. I know how to add the bones - do they all need to be parented from the previously created bone? Any help or a point in the right direction for an applicable tutorial would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!!!

Later - Mike

MiWi Graphics
07-10-2005, 05:48 PM
OK - well, guess I figured it out...

Basically, I went into Layout (setup tab) and drew four bones. Then I selected each one of them alternatively, keyframed them, and pressed the "r" key, which recorded each bones rest state and activated the bones. I was then able to go in and deform the object that the bones were tied to. Guess I could have spent a few more minutes with the manual. http://vbulletin.newtek.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Thanks Anyway and Later - Mike

CGTalk Moderation
07-10-2005, 05:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.