PDA

View Full Version : Modeler Wanted, Bring This Guy To Life!!!

mberrynk
07-10-2005, 08:12 AM
i've had a lot of success with everyone at this forum so I figured I'd put this out there and see if i got any bites. I've been designing this character to star in a short film i'm planning about a catburglar who breaks into an inventor's lab and the events that unfold as he discovers the madness behind some of the old man's inventions. There's a lot of physical humor obviously but this character needs a range of emotions, a lot of the script is based around his frustration, terror, sarcasm, etc. I'd like to model him myself but I just don't have any time right now and I've seen some really great stuff from some really talented people at this site.
I will be using Maya for the animation. If you're interested let me know, the pic below is a smaller composite of fullscale drawings available for you. The character will be the focus of this short but will also be the center of a variety of short animations as well created in the next few months. I fully intend to send the finished film to various festivals throughout the US and abroad and, of course, would give you full credit for your work and copies of the DVD.
If you have any questions, would like to see more of my work on this project, or are interested in helping out, hit me up here or email me at mberrynk@aol, subj: modeler wanted. Thanks again, you guys rock :buttrock:

chirpy16
07-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Hello,

I am interested in helping you out with your model. Can you send me a side on and a front on image of what you want?

You can email me at chirpy16@hotmail.com

Thanks

warpy
07-10-2005, 10:01 AM
hey man, i dont mind doing it for you it looks like an easy job.. let me know

mberrynk
07-10-2005, 07:16 PM
great to hear from both of you, i don't want to waste either of your time and can only use one model in the project so if it's possible could you email me some examples of your work? I'll still send the files if you want to practice anyway and probably will use the character in one form or another but for the short I need a well constructed, high quality model (that's why i came here). Let me know how you both feel about this, email me some pics. Thanks again,
:buttrock:
also, any experience in rigging? i didn't mention it but this baby also will need to be rigged, maybe another way for both of you to be involved in one doesn't have the rigging background.

warpy
07-10-2005, 07:18 PM
hey,

if you are double booking us i'd prefer not to do it.
only one should work on a character, its pointless to me to do something without knowing
something productive will come out of it.

cheers

mberrynk
07-10-2005, 07:29 PM
no double booking, quality is all i'm concerned with here. :thumbsup:

warpy
07-10-2005, 07:31 PM
well you could check my blog, and the earliest post have my portfolio pics.
its down there on my signature :)

mberrynk
07-10-2005, 07:42 PM
i'll check that out. If anyone wants to be involved in this project, email or post some examples of your work, especially if you have experience modeling human characters. i'll choose from those examples, and don't worry, i won't waste anyone's time here.

:buttrock:

warpy
07-10-2005, 07:43 PM
i think i actually misread what you said earlier, i was too busy reading all of those words so i scanned it lol

warpy
08-03-2005, 06:01 PM
are you still monitoring this ? if you are let me know..

cschandramouli
08-04-2005, 05:16 AM
WOW! That guy really looks cute and I'd love to model that... But I see there are guys applying already... Do you still have a vacancy? Lemme know plz...

Mouli

warpy
08-04-2005, 07:06 AM
well that guy isnt answering me so if he does eventually... u can do it.. np

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2005, 07:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.