PDA

View Full Version : need some help with the "isner spine"

Oliwood
10-24-2002, 10:47 PM
I tried to make use of the "isner spine" add-on and it works well to the point, that one vertebra moves to the chest and all the others stay at the hip. Shouldn't they line up along the spineCurve for the envelope process??? :shrug:

http://www.isner.com/isnerspine/spine_introduction.htm

geoath
10-25-2002, 12:52 PM
hi!
select the vertebra u want to move along the spine curve and go to explore>constraints..open the path constraint and change the path percentage..do the same for the the rest ones..this way u can line them up exactly where u want them to be in reference with your character..
hope this helps a bit
best regards
george

Oliwood
10-26-2002, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the reply George,

but I still have some problems with it. Picture a) shows the spine after using the script on the Hip controller and the Chest controller. I changed the path percentage for the vertebras 1-3 in picture b). The problem now is, that if I move the Chest controller like I did in picture c) the vertebras pass the red top vertebra. Is there a possibility to fix this problem?

geoath
10-26-2002, 04:55 AM
hi again!

i'm not sure but i wouldn't say this is a problem..
from what i saw the most top vertebra is not considered as a deformation object..when u create the spine it asks u how many vertebras u want and if u dialed 3 then u have 3 vertebra's with this one added as one more..which u can't adjust it's path percentage as there is a scripted operator there..
i think this object has to make with the scale of the spine, try to open the spine_control and change the scale..notice that it moves to the new length of the spine..

anyway, use as sceleton objects the 3 vertebra's, the hip and chest objects and everything must be ok..
this is what i figured from the first look i had today to this cool spine...
hope this helps
george

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.