PDA

View Full Version : scaling a stretchy spine

coop
07-09-2005, 06:55 PM
i'm sure this has been addressed before, but i can't seem to find the answer.

I have a bunch of characters rigged using the patented Schleiffer stretchy spine technique, but would like to scale the entire rig and can't seem to figure a way of reworking the utility nodes/arclength to behave properly. any tips?

Andrei2k
07-11-2005, 05:10 AM
You have to make sure that your hierarchy is seperated yet grouped in a way where you can do a uniform scale. The IK spline spines problem is it usually double transforms so you gotta be careful.

Goob
07-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi,

I just had the same problem - it`s a little tricky:
you have to deal with two problems: the cluster and the curveInfo node.
the cluster:
make sure the curve is not in the hierarchy you want to scale. group all the control objects, the skeleton and all the "untouchable" stuff.
the curveInfo note network:
duplicate the curve and parent it anywhere in "scale" hierarchy. create an other curveInfo node and connect it to the curve. now connect the arclength to the .input2X attribute of the first multiplyDivide node of the network (if you have used jason schleifers script itīs called something like curve1_scale.
good luck
joerg.

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2005, 01:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.