PDA

View Full Version : MovieWriterPro - Screenwriting software, new version !

mksoft_
07-09-2005, 09:25 AM
A new version (2.25) of our screenwriting software is available!

You can take a look at the website: http://reynes.org
or direct download : ftp://reynes.org/MovieWriterPro.zip

We are also waiting for all your comments or ideas : fd@reynes.org

Thanks!

mksoft_
08-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Again, new version is available (2.50), with improvments and a new 'characters' panel which help to describe the characters on your script. Tell us if you like it, and if you want some change on it !

You can take a look at the website: http://reynes.org (http://reynes.org/)
or direct download : ftp://reynes.org/MovieWriterPro.zip

We are also waiting for all your comments or ideas : mwp@reynes.org (fd@reynes.org)

Joe Burnham
08-04-2005, 02:11 PM
I'm more of a fan of Final Draft 7.

tibes
08-05-2005, 01:29 AM
I'm more of a fan of Final Draft 7.
I'm pretty fond of jelly beans.

BigJay
08-07-2005, 01:35 PM
I can't get past choosing the language. it Bombs out.

WinXP Service Pack 2 + all security updates, P4 2.8Ghz, 2GB Ram. I recently rebuilt this machine (1 month ago) so there is no adware/spyware/viruses, messed up registery on it yet.

Here is the list of install
I never had this installed on this machine before. Looking at the install I think it is missing the english.txt file in languages. If there should be one that is.

Output folder: C:\Program Files\MovieWriterPro
Extract: mwp.exe
Extract: AideRapide.htm
Extract: QuickHelp.htm
---------------------------------
Output folder: C:\Program Files\MovieWriterPro\Lang
Extract: francais.txt
Shouldn't there be an Extract: english.txt?
---------------------------------
Output folder: C:\Program Files\MovieWriterPro\ScriptCfg
Extract: american
Extract: comic
Extract: mwp 1
Extract: simple
Output folder: C:\Program Files\MovieWriterPro\Rsc
Extract: replace element copie.jpg
Extract: scenemap.jpg
Extract: writing.jpg
Output folder: C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
Output folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\My Documents\MovieWriterPro
Extract: English example.mwp
Extract: Exemple en francais.mwp
Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files\MovieWriterPro\Uninstall.exe
Create folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\Start Menu\Programs\MovieWriterPro
Create shortcut: C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\Start Menu\Programs\MovieWriterPro\Uninstall.lnk
Create shortcut: C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\Start Menu\Programs\MovieWriterPro\MovieWriterPro.lnk
Create shortcut: C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\Start Menu\Programs\MovieWriterPro\QuickHelp.lnk
Create shortcut: C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\Start Menu\Programs\MovieWriterPro\AideRapide.lnk
Create shortcut: C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\Desktop\MovieWriterPro.lnk
Completed

BMS
08-07-2005, 01:46 PM
I will download it and give it a shot.

Cheers

BigJay
08-07-2005, 06:16 PM
if you download it make sure you don't have a previous version installed. If it is missing a file it may be there from a previous install

mksoft_
08-10-2005, 10:12 PM
You probably installed a version which was released with a big bug in it... Apologies about that.
The current version works fine (it's 2.70 by the way, with a new 'scenemap' which is now a tree, can make group of scenes)

note: the 'english.txt' is not in the installer, it's built-in in the software

BigJay
08-11-2005, 04:35 AM
i downloaded it again and installed it to another machine. This time it started up.

I like the scene view. I can outline the whole story here and go in and fill in the scenes after.

mksoft_
08-14-2005, 09:25 AM
If you have ideas or request, we are listening: mwp@reynes.org
We really want to continue to improve our software

scotttygett
08-23-2005, 06:28 AM
FABULOUS!!

I got MovieWriterPro soon after it was listing here and the original's functionality left something to be desired but this App is GREAT!! May you sell a zillion copies!

I didn't get the buggy two previous versions, so I went directly from a stable build to this gorgeous version. WOW!! Nicely done!

I did notice one tendency that should be fixed: the program adds a <CR> to the action description in the EXPORT RTF where it saw double-spaces, it appears.

For the uninitiated, this program gives you a few interesting systems for writing, like an outline page that automatically formats a series of scenes for the script with the outline notes in blue. These can later be removed in an exported RTF version of the script.

The one functionality the program doesn't have yet is page breaks, that's the difference with a $25.00 program that weighs in at 300K. You have to add your own page numbers and "Cont'd"s after you export your script to RTF.

In terms of functionality with a program like WordPerfect8 handy, I got a couple of artifacts from the rtf that were pretty straightforward to rememdy. The first line imported flush left, and then the rest of the script looked like it was indented. The solution was to cut-and-paste the first line, and make the page's margin .75". That was it. This gave me a normal-looking script with page breaks and pagination.

Once again, GOOD WORK!

mksoft_
08-28-2005, 11:13 AM
thanks for the comments :)
The rtf little problems are going to be fixed very soon, and the "con'td" and page breaks are on their way too, should be available with the 2.80 or 2.90 version (next month in the worth case)

thanks!

shirudo
09-22-2005, 08:18 PM
just opened it up and I have to say. great job very intuitive I like the layout. I can see big sales figures in your future.

CGTalk Moderation
09-22-2005, 08:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.