PDA

View Full Version : Help/Question: Learning 2D for 3D

RabidDonkey
07-09-2005, 04:56 AM
I guess technically this is a techniques type thing, I dont know where else to put this if it's not. I started this thread on General but got no responce so I thought I'd try here before I go in search of the answers on my own. Here is the original thread: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=256754

So the question is what is the best or top way(s) to go about improving your artistic skills outside of 3D? Learning from books? Taking Classes? Practice/fail/practice/fail until you get it right? Help is, as always, appreciated. Thank you.

PerfectBlue
07-09-2005, 05:24 AM
what is the best or top way(s) to go about improving your artistic skills outside of 3D? Learning from books? Taking Classes? Practice/fail/practice/fail until you get it right?
Yes. All of them. :)

fourcrowsArt
07-09-2005, 03:08 PM
I've been a 2d artist for over 15 years...truthfully, there is nothing in this world better for learning than sitting down with a sketchpad, looking at the most mundane objects and drawing them...over and over and over again...

start with basic shapes, move on to black and white tones, then grayscale...it could take you a week to do one...all the better...

at least that's my opinion...it's all about the practice...

and look at art, lots of it, tons of it...devour it...if it's out there, find it, and learn from it..

ok, I'm completely new here, sorry for the intrusion...this is just a point of contention with me...with creation, first you have to experience it, play with it, feel it in your bones a bit....then after you've grown a pencil as a new appendage, when you read about it, you'll get it...

good luck!!
Robin

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2005, 03:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.