PDA

View Full Version : Request help with HDRI #4 FX Link Tutorial...

MiWi Graphics
07-09-2005, 04:32 AM
Hey guys,

So I'm sitting here working through this tutorial (and getting a kick out of thinking up all the cool ways to use this) and I got stuck at the "Freezing Particle Motions" step. This tut was written with LW 7.5c and it looks like some things were changed (duh) in LW 8.3. Anyway, if one of you kind folks would point me in the right direction for freezing these particles, I would be greatly appreciative!!! Thank you in advance!!!

Later - Mike

P.S. If you are wondering what I am talking about, why don't you have a sub to HDRI? It's a killer mag and I look forward to every issue!!!

WillCameron
07-09-2005, 08:32 AM
I think what they mean is to export the particles motion to an MDD file so each time from that point on the particles are exactly the same and dont have to be recalculated, in which case you go to the FILE tab on the Emiter properties pannel and Save the motion. now when you save the scene, the emiter should be exactly the same each time you reload it (but if it isnt, you can reload the motion file back onti it - or any other emiter - via the same pannel).

maybe its just me but when I think of "freezing particles" for some reason I'm thinking stoping their motions in the middle of a scene to pan around them or something...
Damned you Matrix movies! heh

- Will.

MiWi Graphics
07-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Thank you very much - that was in relation to having the same particle motions each time you load the scene (vice the particle motions being recalculated each time).

Thanks again - Mike

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2005, 01:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.