PDA

View Full Version : Units in LW

ninjaman
07-09-2005, 01:53 AM
:banghead:

Hi!

Is there a way to change the unit values in Modeler? I´m currently modelling a house (a quick prewiz) and the "architect" has measured everything in 1,85 meter increments (doh!). I´m having trouble transferring this to LW since everything in LW is built on the meter system (i.e 1 meter, 10 meter etc). I would like each square in the grid in Modeler to be in 1,85 meter increments.

Johan Grönwall

Auger
07-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Go to the display options and under "units", set your grid snap to fixed. Type in 1.85 m and you're set.

Jon

evenflcw
07-09-2005, 04:26 AM
But that means you'll MONSTER snapping aswell :D

If you want the grid, but not the snapping, I think your options are to either build a grid out of polys and have that in a background layer while working, or to use backdrop images that you've sized accordingly (with standard grid turned off obviously).

Had it been for Layout one could've just written a Custom Object script to draw out a customized grid. Unfortunatly Modeler has no such type of scripts.

Don't forget to feature request :rolleyes:

ninjaman
07-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Ok, I guess there is no perfect remedy. I´ll try out the proposed solutions . It´s not a big problem, but a bit annoying. Thanks for the help!

Johan Grönwall

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2005, 12:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.