PDA

View Full Version : Milla - female character w.i.p.

AlvinG
07-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Hi all,
this is my last lowpoly work.
The model is composed of 5724 triangles and 2 textures 512x512.
I want to improve the result and ask you C&C.
Do you think that the polycount is correct for nextgen console target,
like PS3/xbox360?
Normally I work on very very lowpoly models without shader for Nintendo GBA
and DS and this is the first time that I create a lowpoly character more complex.
For the realtime shaders, do you have tricks & tips?

http://www.brokenbones.it/lowpoly/milla_lowpoly_01.jpg

I hope you like it!

Sorry for the my English

BananaSalat
07-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Wohhh sexy :eek:

Looks like a good model and the texture looks very good as well.

McStyle
07-08-2005, 08:47 PM
no bra, short skirt
i like it http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gif

on the technical side
really nice polyflow and good job with the hair

at the moment games uses character with 7k polys or more, so i think you could definitely use more polys for ps3 or other next generation stuff

AdamAtomic
07-08-2005, 08:48 PM
That looks awesome! I think it is too low-detail for next-gen though, I think that character would fit right in in Resident Evil 4 or Half Life 2, both of which run perfectly well on current hardware. Great face!

AlvinG
07-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Thx guys for your instantaneous replys.
I'm happy that you like it. More thanks for the precious info.
I have played RE4...for me is the best game of the year. WOW!
I read that the Leon's model have 10k poligons approximately. It's true?

AlvinG
07-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Adam Atomic, I have just see your site. Great stuff! We make the same work on GBA!:thumbsup:
I am a little tired to create models with 100 poligons. Maybe I add more poligons at the woman :bounce:

bye!

McStyle
07-08-2005, 09:31 PM
hah
i found a litte mistake, lala http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif, but just a little one
the belt have to be through the belt-buckle, otherwise it won't hold

AlvinG
07-08-2005, 09:48 PM
hah
i found a litte mistake, lala http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif, but just a little one
the belt have to be through the belt-buckle, otherwise it won't hold

McStyle, I'm sorry if open the jacket she have not other meshes :rolleyes::D

Kroax
07-08-2005, 11:22 PM
great work overall!
something bugs me about the shoulders though
from the images provided they seem a tad too wide, which makes you char look less feminine.
just a thought

itsallgoode9
07-09-2005, 07:23 AM
yeah, great work...your texture maps look great too. are the clothes hand panited textures or photos ref.? I thought of RE4 as soon as I saw this :thumbsup:

AlvinG
07-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Yes Kroax, the shoulders are a crucial point that make to lose feminine. Good suggestion!

itsallgoode9, the technique that I used for painting the cloths is a misc of photo referencies, highres model baking and painting. I think that still it will be improved with other painting!

thx bye!

Por@szek
07-11-2005, 09:25 AM
She doesn't looks exaclly like Milla(yesterday I was watching both residents lovely film, one of my favorite) and even ... chest ...doesn't looks like her. In my opinion she isn't like Milla. But I must said that, the model looks great, when You don't crit similarities with her.
Anyway great job with nice clean wire and especially with texture. :thumbsup:

AlvinG
07-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Por@szek, thx for the reply.
My inspiration for her look is not Milla Jovovich! In common they have only the name. ;)

an update soon!

bye

CG-Gordon
07-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Nice job so far AlvinG, i particularly like the structure and syle of her face. You may want to work on the creases in the arm and perhaps tweak the topology around the shoulders where they join arm area. This is coming along great tho, im eager to see more progress. I think your right about the Leon polycount, i remember seeing the wireframe for the model a while back and the mesh was very dense especially in the hair! So if your shooting for next gen and your character is going to be the main one i'd up the polycount to 9k, this depends of course what type of game and situation it will be used in.

Gordon.

AlvinG
07-11-2005, 07:10 PM
CG_Gordon, thanks for your suggestions, I agree with you and I'll work on it ;)
For the final model polycount I think that will remain around 6000 tris, considering a context supercrowded of zombies. :D

StrangeFate
07-12-2005, 01:13 AM
The textures seem to lowres and washed out for a character with that amount of polygons.

itsallgoode9
07-12-2005, 01:54 AM
one quick thing that I noticed is that there is a very dark line where the breast and the chest connect. Its not somthing that I noticed at first, but now it kinda sticks out to me. I think it might help to either lighten that line, or do a gaussian blur to it to make it smoother and softer.

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2005, 01:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.