Julez4001
07-08-2005, 03:48 PM
http://www.desktopimages.com/VFX1.shtml

Anyone got this?
How do you rate it?
Is it worth getting?

Lique
07-08-2005, 04:34 PM
There's no new techniques or innovation that I didn't know, however if you are new to this subject, I would definetily recommend both. They are pretty much cover eveything in terms of visual fx and compositing. Learn his way of working, the industry professional workflow, etc.

To be honest I got the dvds because I have excess money. Otherwise I probl wont get them.

My rate: 7/10 - for beginner to intermediate

calilifestyle
07-08-2005, 10:52 PM
But so far, its missing maybe some simple things i would have like to have seen. one basic thing suchs as size and type of render would be best used or when one format will benefit over another. theres some steps i would have like to have seen been done, that he jumps straight 2. As of now im giving it a 8.5 out of 10 .. let me try it out in lightwave and see how easy it is to follow. If i run into any of them missing part i might saw lower or higher. But just like the guy before me said , might be better for ppl that havent done this kind of stuff.

CGTalk Moderation
07-08-2005, 10:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.