PDA

View Full Version : general stencil

braime67
07-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Hi,
I am newest in 3D works, and last time i found a porblem in texturing nurbs in Maya, my work is to creat a bottle in nurbs with lable, but when i decrease the opacity of the bottle it happend the same to the lable, please help and tell me how can i do, someone told me that i can do it with general stencil but i found it too complicate and i don't know how realy it works, can someone help me.
thank you

Jaffajuice
07-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Hiya,I use 3dsMax, and i'm not familiar with 3dworks, but i'm guessing their similar. It sounds like you are altering the opacity of the entire object, and not the opacity of a specific material. You may need to define each material, er, glass from the label into seperate materials, and within each materials parameters alter the opacity. In max, there is a difference between visibility and opacity. Opacity this is found as a material map parameter, along side, Reflections, refractions, bump etc... where as visibility is found in the edit poly options.

Hope this helps.

braime67
07-28-2005, 08:59 PM
It is the same only for poly, but nurbs are dificult I gess,

what I finally did it is just to cut surface, and apply the lable on it, it was ok with that
thank you for your help

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2005, 08:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.