PDA

View Full Version : UV flipping messing up

peteb
07-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know why when I try and flip some UV's in either U or V all I get is a mess where it seems that some of the points are still attached to other parts of the mesh. The thing is I've got free move on and I've even cut the polys so they're seperate from the rest of the mesh and yet it still messes up. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Pete B

Werner
07-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know why when I try and flip some UV's in either U or V all I get is a mess where it seems that some of the points are still attached to other parts of the mesh. The thing is I've got free move on and I've even cut the polys so they're seperate from the rest of the mesh and yet it still messes up. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Pete B

Try un-welding the whole object before using the UV flip tool

Blabberlicious
07-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Yup - unweld is your only option

The recent improvements to UV interpolation modes screwed up this function.

NT know about it.

:-)

peteb
07-08-2005, 02:54 PM
I've unwelded the group of polys that I want to flip from the rest of the mesh but I still get the same problem. When you say un-weld the whole mesh I assume you mean the polys that I want to flip?

Lamont
07-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Try using the UV flip from DStorm.

leigh
07-09-2005, 12:31 AM
I've unwelded the group of polys that I want to flip from the rest of the mesh but I still get the same problem. When you say un-weld the whole mesh I assume you mean the polys that I want to flip?

No, just unweld the entire model. Flip. Re-weld.

peteb
07-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Cool,c cheers guys I'll tgry doing both those things

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2005, 09:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.