PDA

View Full Version : Remove unseen geometry

sherridge101
07-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Hi all,

Is there any way to remove all unseen geometry from a Lightwave object?
What I mean by this is if I have a complex CAD file (all it's points are merged) but I only want to take in the visible gemetry to Layout to render, is there a way of reducing the geometry without manually selecting it to delete.

Cheers,
Steve

assistant pimp
07-08-2005, 09:57 AM
I am no pro, but cant you either hide unwanted geometry or select some geometry and place it on another layer in modeller then turn off that layer in layout come render time? SOrry if that does not answer your question.

sherridge101
07-08-2005, 10:14 AM
The files are very complex and have fine levels of poly's so selection becomes very tricky. They are CAD files which contain all the internal moulding etc. so I was looking for a solution that selects all visible poly's - a bit like unseen 'hidden line' view in LW8 but which selects the polys.

peteb
07-08-2005, 03:06 PM
So are these bits hidden already? If they are just simply cut the visible and paste them in to a new layer, then un-hide. Also if the polys have materials associted with them you could select by material but I'm not sure if it would have retained that info from a cad file.

Pete b

sherridge101
07-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Selecting in Hidden line seems to be the way to go.
Cheers,
Steve

CGTalk Moderation
07-08-2005, 04:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.